I found these fun facts about Michigan here:
- The name Michigan is derived from the Indian words "Michi-gama" meaning large lake.
- Michigan is the only state that touches four of the five Great Lakes.
- Anywhere in Michigan, you are within 85 miles of one of the Great Lakes.
These were found here:
- Colon is home to the world's largest manufacture of magic supplies.
- Gerald R. Ford grew up in Grand Rapids and became the 38th president of the United States He attended the University of Michigan where he was a football star. He served on a World War II aircraft carrier and afterward represented Michigan in Congress for 24 years. He was also was an Eagle Scout, the highest rank in Boy Scouts.
- The Packard Motor Car Company in Detroit manufactured the first air-conditioned car in 1939.
- The Kellogg Company has made Battle Creek the Cereal Capital of the World. The Kellogg brothers accidentally discovered the process for producing flaked cereal products and sparked the beginning of the dry cereal industry.