About Me

My photo
I am a pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. -Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 5

This week was full of great surprises from home. I got the cutest package from my aunt & uncle in Alaska. My mom & I loved the chocolate-covered blueberries & cranberries. The package also included different flavors of Alaskan tea which I'm excited to try along with some honey sticks. AND there  were playing cards with pictures of the northern lights...so beautiful! I still wanna see them some day. The package was also taped with the coolest/prettiest tape! :) Everyone who saw it made a big deal out of it. :D

Then I got a package from Sarah that included an awesome notepad with a picture of London on each sheet. It also had Skirt! Magazine, snacks, & a tea cup! And an assortment of teas. :)

Then I got a text on Friday with a picture of my mom at the Texas welcome center. I couldn't believe it! I was glad I got to show them around camp & introduce them to a few people here. It made me wanna cry that they had driven so far to see me. They did a good job of keeping it a secret, too.

As for camp this week, there was one camper that I found out on the last day would give eskimo kisses. Another one would make whatever face he saw you make, which reminded me of Anna, a girl I went to school with. It was so adorable & hilarious. He was like a big teddy bear. Another one had an awesome accent, & while I was peeling an orange for myself, he came over & said, "Oh, look...my friend is peeling me an orange." So I shared it with him, another camper, & a counselor. Then I got another one for myself. Anyway, that's when I knew I wanted to be his friend, haha. He wore 3 jackets that night, too.

Well, my cabin is still the one that's always late, so we were talking about it with our boss. They can't help but love us even though we're late. So, the boss said to me after a while of joking around, "And I can't believe what you did!" I was like, "What did I do?" She was referring to a note that I wrote to my unit leader. I told her that even though I hate being late, I'd rather be late & laughing than early & angry. Yeah, that's what she showed the boss. Haha.

Oh, & I recruited another person to climb trees with me. Jonathan climbed with me & Kevin. Jonathan is one of the new guys (even though this is his 3rd week), & he's been on the World Race (11 countries in 11 months) & took Greek when he  was in college, which I was so excited to learn.

Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for all the mail! Keep it coming...I only have about a month & a half left in Texas. It's crazy how fast it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment